Can We Expect a Return to Higher Inflation or Low Inflation for Longer?
Learn the key factors affecting the future of inflation.
Inflation in the United States has proven to be an anomalous aspect of the current economic recovery. With the election of President Trump, many investors expected inflation to pick up.
The report examines:
- The typical drivers of inflation
- The factors encouraging higher inflation today, including sustained strong growth in gross domestic product, global monetary stimulus by central banks and international economic conditions
- What’s holding inflation down, including wage growth, cautious business spending, a psychological element, and the rise in productivity
- How the Trump Administration may push inflation up
- Knowns and unknowns about Trump’s plans (including tax reform and infrastructure spending)