2019 Investment Outlook
The capital markets in 2018 were predominantly plagued by trade and other geopolitical tensions, as well as slowing economic growth across the globe.
Volatility reappeared by year-end, and equity and several fixed income asset classes ended the year in the red. Where do we go from here?
Segal Marco’s 2019 Investment Outlook helps you put recent market developments in perspective.
Learn more about our global macroeconomic views and near-term performance expectations for specific asset classes.
Over the next 12 to 18 months, we expect*:
- U.S. and developed non-U.S. equity to perform inline with our long-term assumptions.
- Emerging market equity to deliver returns that are slightly above normal.
- Normal returns for U.S. core fixed income and other areas of the U.S. bond market.
- Below normal results for non-U.S. core bonds.
- Opportunities for emerging market debt and private credit to perform slightly better than normal.
- Normal returns for all alternative asset classes except timber, which could face several headwinds in the near term.
*The views represented for each of the asset classes are relative to our 10-year capital market assumptions.