Q3 2018 Outlook Update
Segal Marco’s Q3 update to our 2018 Investment Outlook helps you put recent market developments in perspective. Learn more about our global macroeconomic views and near-term performance expectations for specific asset classes.
Over the next 12 to 18 months, we expect*:
- U.S. equity to perform in-line with our long-term assumptions, noting that now may be a good time for investors to bring growth/value and large cap/small cap allocations into balance.
- International equity markets to deliver returns that are closer to our longer-term expectations, which is a change from the slightly above normal performance we anticipated for the asset class over the last several quarters.
- Emerging market equity to produce slightly above normal results.
- Below normal returns for U.S. and non-U.S. core bonds.
- Opportunities for emerging market debt and private credit to perform slightly better than normal.
- Neutral returns for all alternative asset classes except for timber, which we now expect to generate below normal returns in the near term.
If you’d like to discuss the Outlook, contact us.
*The views represented for each of the asset classes are relative to our 10-year capital market assumptions.
Q3 2018 Investment Outlook Update
This on-demand webinar discusses gains for U.S. stocks and muted volatility due to the agreement between the U.S. and the European Union and the introduction of the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement.