Q2 2020 Investment Outlook Update: A Shot in the Arm
Just what the doctor ordered in the midst of a pandemic: a massive fiscal dose in one arm followed by a record-breaking monetary injection in the other. While this was more substantial in the U.S. than in many other countries, the level of global policy commitments was much greater than what occurred after the Global Financial Crisis (GFC) and were applied with a needed urgency. The path forward from here for investors, however, is in many ways similar to the virus itself — every day we learn a little bit more, but there still isn’t clarity regarding where to plant our next step as we trek towards the hoped-for COVID-free future.
Segal Marco Advisors’ Q2 Update to the 2020 Investment Outlook helps you put recent market developments in perspective. Learn more about our global macroeconomic views and near-term performance expectations for specific asset classes.
Over the next 12 to 18 months, we expect*:
- U.S. small cap and developed non-U.S. equity to perform below our long-term assumptions.
- Emerging market equity to deliver returns that are in line with our long-term assumption.
- Returns for U.S. core fixed income that are below our long-term assumptions.
- Returns for non-U.S. core bonds will be challenged.
- A difficult environment for most investments in timber, real estate, commodities and private equity.
*The views represented for each of the asset classes are relative to our 10-year capital market assumptions.
Q2 2020 Investment Outlook Update
Join Segal Marco Advisors’ Senior Vice Presidents, John Ross and Catherine Hickey to learn the most important macroeconomic and geopolitical conditions affecting the capital markets today.